Small and medium sized businesses (SMB) generally lack expertise, time, and resources to implement cutting-edge private cloud solutions. Such private cloud solutions have been too expensive for SMB, until now. Dell announced today at the OpenStack summit in San Diego:
- A new Platform Partner program as an expansion of its Emerging Solutions Ecosystem
- An SMB private cloud, mCloud Helix, in partnership with Morphlabs. the first platform partner in the program
Dell was the first to market with an OpenStack-based solution that integrated hardware + software + services, and the first to develop software to provision and deploy OpenStack clouds by way of the Crowbar software framework. We will continue to build our OpenStack ecosystem with a highly-efficient Emerging Solutions Platform Partner Program.
- No need to configure SANs and blades, making SAN-speed durable storage affordable for the first time
- No complex network configuration
- No dense blades, which reduces cost and allows for modular, hyperscale growth
- All SSD configuration provides the most price performant infrastructure on the market
- Small, power-dense footprint means less operational expenses and green cloud
Ideal for dev/test, server consolidation, and High IOPS use cases, this solution represents a first in the market that addresses the Small and Medium businesses cloud needs.
See a video demo and all the details in this blog post.