Hong Kong: The First OpenStack Summit outside the US!
Hong Kong gets the honor of hosting the first international OpenStack Summit outside the US. The above is the picture of the Icehouse street in Hong Kong from which the next OpenStack release – Icehouse – gets its name as has been the tradition with alphabetical naming of OpenStack releases since the first A release (Austin).
The current OpenStack release – Havana – is due to release this week on Oct 17th. This release enables OpenStack to be more enterprise ready and operationally easier to use. With the integration of Heat and Ceilometer, this release provides better orchestration and metering/monitoring capabilities as well. Here are the slides with the latest updates to Havana:
OpenStack Boston Meetup Group
I have been hosting and organizing the Boston OpenStack Meetup Group for the past 18 months. Have you checked it out yet? If you are in Boston and are interested in OpenStack, this meetup should be on your agenda/calendar. This user group has swelled in its membership to 600+ members and meets monthly to talk about OpenStack topics. The graphic below speaks for itself:
Join Dell for thought-provoking discussion and parties
Dell and Intel are co-sponsoring the OpenStack Summit Welcome Networking Reception on Nov 5 from 6:30–8:30 p.m. SkyBistro in the SkyCity Marriott. Register now at the link here or on the OpenStack Summit site. Note: space is limited, so attendance is strictly by RSVP only.
Dell will be presenting and leading at the following session. Look forward to seeing you there:
- OpenStack Architecture for the Enterprise – Join us to take a deep look at the highly available stack, how it is constructed and deployed all while keeping total cost of ownership low. Tuesday, Nov 5 at 12:05–12:45 p.m. | Expo Breakout Room 1
- The OpenStack APIs – This presentation provides an overview of the APIs then dives into how they function in the real world across different deployments. Tuesday, Nov 5 at 2:00 p.m. | Expo Breakout Room 1
- Breakfast with the Board in the Asia World Expo – Summit Lobby – Take this opportunity to meet and talk with the OpenStack Foundation Board members. Nov 6, from 7:45 – 8:45 a.m.
- Dell OpenStack Cloud with Inktank Ceph – A Large-Scale Customer Deployment– Hear detail around a unique deployment installed at a large nationally recognized American University. Wednesday, Nov 6, from 1:00 to 1:15 p.m. | Dell Expo Hall Sponsor Demo Theater
- OpenStack in the Enterprise: Customers Prove It – Cloud computing is not a one size fits all solution. Discuss how customers making the transition must address a variety of requirements. Thursday, Nov 7 at 9:50 a.m. | Expo Breakout Room 1
- Panel on Application Portability – Discuss the different approaches to application portability: API compatibility, multi-cloud SDKs, image portability, application architecture portability, and more. Thursday, Nov 7 at 3:30 p.m. | Expo Breakout Room 1
- Get the latest updates and demos on Dell CrowBar and Dell OpenStack Cloud solutions
- See a demo on Dell’s open source Firewall-as-a-Service from the Dell SonicWall team
- Check out the PowerEdge C6220, R720XD and C8000 series servers
- Pick up a new favorite – the Dell Took Kit
- Challenge your friends to Ping Pong match!
- Dell and Red Hat Push Enterprise-Grade OpenStack Closer to Reality
- Enterprise Expectations with OpenStack
- Dell, OpenStack Summit, Icehouse, and Hong Kong!
- Pictures, Videos, Highlights from the OpenStack Havana Summit Portland
- OpenStack Havana Summit, Portland, Join Dell For the Discussions and Party!