I’m at the Folsom Summit along with the rest of the Dell team, which is represented here at the event in full force. We are engaging with the OpenStack community and ecosystem in a number of different ways:
Partner ecosystem for emerging technology solutions
We announced today the new partner ecosystem for emerging technology solutions. Canonical, enStratus, and Mirantis are new partners in the Emerging Solutions Ecosystem. Check out the announcement! http://dell.to/HNspl8
This new Emerging Solutions Ecosystem expands on previous efforts around the Hadoop big data framework and the OpenStack open source cloud platform. We have seen considerable interest in Dell’s OpenStack-powered Cloud Solution and this partner ecosystem program is the next evolutionary step for us to better serve our customer needs and expand on the opportunities in this space.
Mirantis has partnered with us to design and deploy custom architectures for OpenStack clouds and also help with services to migrate existing applications to OpenStack.
Canonical helps deliver enhanced engineering, online and professional services to Ubuntu partners and customers worldwide.
With EnStratus, we will help our customers deliver applications with consistent governance and automation as well as infrastructure automation, including auto-scaling, automated backups, and automated recovery.
We have more collaboration and community partners. Check out this poster:
Dell becomes an OpenStack Foundation Gold Member
It’s amazing to see the tremendous response to the formation of the OpenStack Foundation. Nineteen companies have signed the letter of intent:
- Platinum: AT&T, Canonical, HP, IBM, Nebula, Rackspace, Red Hat, SUSE
- Gold: Cisco, ClearPath, Cloudscaling, Dell, DreamHost, ITRI, Mirantis, Morphlabs, NetApp, Piston Cloud Computing, Yahoo!
Checkout Our Activities at the OpenStack Summit
- Thursday 1:00pm, OpenStack Gains Momentum: Customers are Speaking Up by Kamesh Pemmaraju (Dell). I will have some customers and partners on stage talking about real customer use cases. Join us to find out how and why OpenStack is gaining a lot of momentum
- Friday 9:50am, Deploy Apps on OpenStack using Dashboard, Chef and enStratus by Rob Hirschfeld (Dell), Matt Ray (Opscode) and Keith Hudgins (enStratus)
- Friday 11:30am, Expanding the Community Panel including Joseph George (Dell)
Everyday at 5:00 pm, we are doing a live demo of our crowbar/OpenStack cloud-solution at the Dell table, the very first one after the registration. Here’s a picture of our table:
- Monday 6pm Mirantis Welcome Party, co-sponsored with Dell, at Sens Restaurant (RSVP)
- Tuesday 5pm “Demos & Drinks” Happy Hour, co-hosted by Dell,Mirantis, Morphlabs, Canonical at the Hyatt Regency Hospitality Room off the Atrium. You can register at www.dellopenstack.eventbrite.com (tweet me at @kpemmaraju and I will send you the event password!)
Read Rob Hirschfeld’s blog on more stuff we are doing with Crowbar, Essex and the fun RV roadtrip we were involved with: http://robhirschfeld.com/2012/04/16/dell-team-at-the-openstack-spring-2012-summit/
If you are here at the Summit, tweet me at @kpemmaraju. I would love to catch-up.